DEADLINE – JUNE 11, 11:59 pm EST
Make it Small for a Greater Wall! Small works of art appeal to collectors and art lovers for many reasons: small homes with minimal space, to fill gaps in a growing art collection, great affordability, and, small works can be less intimidating for a first time buyer of original art.
We aim to bring art into everyone’s hearts and homes!
The Artists’ Network invites all artists to submit up to three small original artworks to our Summer Smalls Festival at the Leslie Grove Gallery. This is a juried show. Although we have no size restrictions, all work must be priced no higher than $300. We aim to have works in the under $100, $200 and $300 categories.
Don’t be caught off the wall for this fun summer exhibition!!
We expect the show to be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and presented online at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, June 11, 2023 – 11:59 pm EST
Artists Notifications for in person exhibition will be sent out on or before: June 16, 2023
Summer Smalls Festival 2023: June 28 – July 16, 2023
Opening Reception: Thursday, June 29, from 6 – 8 pm
Drop off artwork: Sunday, June 25, between 5 – 7 pm (unless other arrangements have been made)
Pick up artwork: Sunday, July 16, between 5 – 7 pm
- Artists’ Network Members: up to 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total*
MEMBERS USE DISCOUNT CODE: MEMBERS15
- Non- Artists’ Network Members: up to 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains a 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements; failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Ensure works are completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Affix a label with title, artist, price, size, medium, year to the back of the artwork.
- Secure a D-ring to each side of the work, 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work to the top of the D-ring for the gallery’s hanging system.
- Attach wiring for hanging in client’s home.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3-D work may require you to supply a stand to mount it on.
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
INSTAGRAM: Follow us and comment on our posts!
FACEBOOK: Like and follow our pages!
YOUTUBE: Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available!
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smartphone or iPad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe how the works relate to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement, if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Quality image of the artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES, MEASUREMENTS INCLUDE FRAME SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork – any detail of this particular work that is compelling or not covered in your general Artist Statement. Do not repeat your Artist Statement. Max 75 words.
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
A Contract with Terms and Conditions and Waiver set out by the Artists’ Network will be sent to you on acceptance.