ArtWalk in the Square has moved online this year, however we will be hosting a Preview in the Leslie Grove Gallery leading up to the online show & sale. Leslie Grove Gallery is calling on all ArtWalk in the Square Online participating artists, to submit 2D or 3D artworks in any medium or size, for consideration. This is your opportunity to present your work and get some added exposure. Limited space available. Submissions will be chosen through a lottery process.
Submission Deadline: 11:00 PM, Sunday, August 30, 2020
Selected artists will be notified on or before Wednesday, Sept 3, 2020.
ArtWalk in the Square Online Preview Exhibition: September 8 – October 3, 2020.
Submission fee: No fee.
Commission: The gallery retains 20% on all work sold in person or through the webstore.
Artwork Drop-Off: Thursday, September 3 – Saturday, September 5, 2020 during gallery hours
Artwork Pick-Up: Saturday, October 3, 2020
Guidelines for a successful submission:
Make sure to follow ALL submission guidelines. Quality images are extremely important, especially as we move into online spaces. Always put your best foot forward. Submissions should be cohesive in medium, style, and subject. Avoid artworks that are too similar unless they are considered one piece, ie: diptych, etc. Consider varying the size of the artworks offered. Perhaps a larger piece doesn’t fit within the exhibition, while a smaller piece does. Most importantly, try to approach the call from a unique point of view – think outside the box. Originality is heavily weighted.
Please note that the jurying process considers the exhibition as a whole, with the intention of offering a variety of styles, materials, and approaches.
Please click here for detailed hanging requirements, failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Label on the back with title, artist, price, size, medium, year.
- Secure d-ring hanging attachments affixed 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work, wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3D work requires you supply stands to mount it on.
- This form can not be saved. It must be completed and sent.
- * Required fields. If left blank, an error message will appear when you click
- If you do not have a website or social contacts, please type N/A in the field.
- The images you submit will be used for all social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- Image files must be titled in the following format, failure to do so may result in a forfeited submission. This is mandatory for participation in the online store. FirstnameLastname_Title_Price_Medium_SizeWxHxD_Year.jpg
- 2Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.