DEADLINE – SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 11:59 PM (EST)
The season of festive lights is fast approaching.
With shorter and colder days, it is a time of year when we often go inward, both physically and emotionally; we seek warmth and comfort. There is a beauty in this turning inward and also a searching for light.
Art that uses light effectively is strong in composition and creates an emotional landscape. Consider the work of great light artists like Vermeer, Monet, Dan Flavin, James Turrell and Bridget Riley.
With anything from a sliver of light that gets in through the cracks, to fully bold and bright, we can count on luminosity to uplift and bring joy.
The Artists’ Network calls on all creatives to show us how you use this important element, and share work that speaks to the power of light.
All 2D, 3D and installation works of any size are eligible. This is a juried show and not all submissions may be accepted into the show.
Let’s shine bright this Winter!
We expect the show to be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and presented online at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, November 12, 2023 – 11:59 PM (EST)
Artists Notifications for in person exhibition will be sent out on or before: November 17, 2023
Shining Our Light 2023: November 29, 2023 – January 7, 2024
Opening Reception: Wednesday, December 6, from 6:30 – 9 PM
Drop off artwork: Sunday, November 26, between 5 – 7 PM (unless other arrangements have been made)
Pick up artwork: Sunday, January 7, between 5 – 7 PM
- Artists’ Network Members: up to 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total*
MEMBERS USE DISCOUNT CODE: MEMBER15
- Non- Artists’ Network Members: up to 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains a 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements; failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Ensure works are completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Affix a label with title, artist, price, size, medium, year to the back of the artwork.
- Secure a D-ring to each side of the work, 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work to the top of the D-ring for the gallery’s hanging system.
- Attach wiring for hanging in client’s home.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3-D work may require you to supply a stand to mount it on.
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
INSTAGRAM: Follow us and comment on our posts!
FACEBOOK: Like and follow our pages!
YOUTUBE: Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available!
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smartphone or iPad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe how the works relate to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement, if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Quality image of the artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1500px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES, MEASUREMENTS INCLUDE FRAME SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork – any detail of this particular work that is compelling or not covered in your general Artist Statement. Do not repeat your Artist Statement. Max 75 words.
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
A Contract with Terms and Conditions and Waiver set out by the Artists’ Network will be sent to you on acceptance.