Boasting a vibrant cultural tapestry, Toronto is said to be one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world. Whether by force or by choice, our roots are often far from where we now call home. Roots and Belonging honours our diverse backgrounds while acknowledging the journey to create home and community. Leslie Grove Gallery is calling on all artists, Artists’ Network members, and non-members, to submit 2D or 3D artworks in any medium or size, reflecting their distinct journey or relationship to belonging in a new “place.”
Submission Deadline: 11:00 PM, Sunday, September 27th, 2020
Selected artists will be notified on or before Wednesday, Sept 30th, 2020.
Roots and Belonging Group Exhibition: October 7th to October 31st, 2020.
- Members: up to 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total.*
- Non-Members: up to 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total.*
*Submission fee is non-refundable. As this is a juried show, not all submissions will be accepted.
Commission: The gallery retains 20% on all work sold in person or through the webstore.
Artwork Drop-Off: Friday October 2nd, Saturday October 3rd, 2020
Artwork Pick-Up: Saturday, October 31st, 2020 4-6pm
Guidelines for a successful submission:
Make sure to follow ALL submission guidelines. Quality images are extremely important, especially as we move into online spaces. Always put your best foot forward. Submissions should be cohesive in medium, style, and subject. Avoid artworks that are too similar unless they are considered one piece, ie: diptych, etc. Consider varying the size of the artworks offered. Perhaps a larger piece doesn’t fit within the exhibition, while a smaller piece does. Most importantly, try to approach the call from a unique point of view – think outside the box. Originality is heavily weighted.
Please note that the jurying process considers the exhibition as a whole, with the intention of offering a variety of styles, materials, and approaches.
Please click here for detailed hanging requirements, failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Label on the back with title, artist, price, size, medium, year.
- Secure d-ring hanging attachments affixed 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work, wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3D work requires you supply stands to mount it on.
- This form can not be saved. It must be completed and sent.
- * Required fields. If left blank, an error message will appear when you click
- If you do not have a website or social contacts, please type N/A in the field.
- The images you submit will be used for all social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- Image files must be titled in the following format, failure to do so may result in a forfeited submission. This is mandatory for participation in the online store. FirstnameLastname_Title_Price_Medium_SizeWxHxD_Year.jpg
- 2Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
5. Pay the submission fee
- This fee is not refunded, it underwrites our overhead to review each submission.
- Select the appropriate payment from the drop-down (member/non-member) below. Then click the buy now button, you will be directed to PayPal where you can pay via credit card or PayPal account. Please remember to do this after clicking Submit as you can not save the form-field data.
- Paypal will email your receipt of payment.