Opening Our Doors – Juried Open Group Exhibition – Submission
Now seems the perfect time to open ourselves to the possibilities of what art can provide. Art is an experience for both the maker and the viewer by integrating the physical and emotional. It can provide a magical place to run and hide from the world or dive into new ideas and feelings. Leslie Grove Gallery is inviting Artists’ Network members and non-members to submit original Non-Representational 2D or 3D artworks, of any medium or size, that presents us with the opportunity to open ourselves to the world, distract, break free from routines, to escape… and inspire hope.
Disclaimer: Our plan is to host Opening Our Doors hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and on-line, however, depending on COVID 19 restrictions, Opening Our Doors could be an exclusively virtual show at https://www.lesliegrovegallerystore.ca/
Extending Deadling for Submission: Friday, June 11, 2021 — 11:59 pm
Accepted artists will be notified on or before: June 15, 2021
Opening Our Doors Group Exhibition: June 23 – July 11, 2021
Virtual Opening: Thursday, June 24, 2021 — 7 pm
Drop off artwork at Leslie Grove Gallery: Sunday, June 20, 2021 — 5 – 7 pm
Pick up artwork at Leslie Grove Gallery: Sunday, July 11, 2021 — 5 – 7pm
- Members: up to 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total.*
- Non-Members: up to 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total.*
*Submission fee is non-refundable. As this is a juried show, not all submissions will be accepted.
- The Artists’ Network retains 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
Guidelines for a Successful Submission
Make sure to follow ALL submission guidelines. Quality images are extremely important, especially as we move into on-line spaces. Always put your best foot forward. Submissions should be cohesive in medium, style, and subject. Avoid artworks that are too similar unless they are considered one piece, ie: diptych, etc. Consider varying the size of the artworks offered. Perhaps a larger piece doesn’t fit within the exhibition, while a smaller piece does, or vice versa. Most importantly, try to approach the call from a unique point of view – think outside the box. Originality is heavily weighted.
Please note that the jurying process considers the overall exhibition, with the intention of offering a variety of styles, materials, and approaches. With this in mind, jurors are assessing each artwork submitted not only on its own merits, but also on how it complements the exhibition. Generally, jurors only select one work from any accepted artist.
Terms and Conditions
Accepted artwork MUST be exclusively available for sale and NOT posted on another e-commerce website for the show’s duration.
FOR SHOWS ON-LINE ONLY, Artist agrees to respond to all customer inquires received by the Leslie Grove Gallery and arrange for the delivery and shipment of sold artwork, at the cost of the artist or buyer.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements, failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Label on the back with title, artist, price, size, medium, year.
- Secure d-ring hanging attachments affixed 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work, wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3D work requires you supply stands to mount it on.
Artists’ Network Obligations:
- Managing and maintaining the Leslie Grove Gallery and the lesliegrovegallerystore.ca, including processing sales .
- Commission of 20% on gallery and e-commerce sales.
- Marketing virtual show, including the Leslie Grove Galley website, Artists’ Network emails, social media platforms and public event listings. Organic promotional posts through the Leslie Grove Gallery and Artists’ Network social media platforms
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
Follow us and comment on our posts!
Like and follow our pages:
Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available:
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
When you post an image tag with @lesliegrovegallery AND state “to see great artists follow @lesliegrovegallery”. Highlight your process videos, installation pieces or images.
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account, if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smart phone or ipad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement, as it related to the theme of the show. Refer to Call for Submission above, 350 Characters
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe your work as it relates to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement , if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Up to Three quality images of artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop image to outer edges of the artwork, or background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The images you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Medium and substrate
- Size HxWXD: YOU MUST USE INCHES SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork (optional)
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.