Unfortunately, you have not been accepted for this year’s Art Exhibition . . .
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
If this sounds familiar, then consider submitting to the Artists’ Network’s members exhibition! Inspired by the Salon des Refusés 1864, where you would have found the masterpieces of Manet, Courbet, Cezanne and Pissaro, we are inviting and celebrating works “not selected”, or “refused.” Leslie Grove Galley welcomes all sorts of original 2D or 3D works, in any medium, and promises they won’t be judged by the discerning eye of a juror. There is a catch, however. You can submit only one artwork no larger than 24” x 24” that has been rejected at least once. Each artist has an equal chance of being selected for one of the spaces in the gallery. You will be invited to LGG’s Live Virtual Selection evening when we randomly select artists for the coveted spots in the gallery.
All submitted artworks will be featured online on the lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Disclaimer: Depending on the COVID-19 restrictions, Salon des Refusés, will, hopefully, be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery; otherwise, it will be an exclusively virtual show at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Deadline for submissions: Tuesday, July 6, 2021 at 11:00pm
Live Virtual Selection Evening: Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 7pm (Zoom link will be emailed to you on July 8)
Artists Notifications will be sent out on or before: July 10, 2021
Salon des Refusés Exhibition: July 14 to August 1, 2021
Opening: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 7pm
Drop off artwork: Sunday, July 11, 2021 between 5 – 7pm
Pick up artwork: Sunday, August 1, 2021 between 5 – 7pm
- 1 artwork $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total.*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
Terms and Conditions
Accepted artwork MUST be exclusively available for sale and NOT posted on another e-commerce website for the show’s duration.
FOR SHOWS ON-LINE ONLY, Artist agrees to respond to all customer inquires received by the Leslie Grove Gallery and arrange for the delivery and shipment of sold artwork, at the cost of the artist or buyer.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements, failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Label on the back with title, artist, price, size, medium, year.
- Secure d-ring hanging attachments affixed 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work, wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3D work may require you to supply stands to mount it on.
Artists’ Network Obligations:
- Managing and maintaining the Leslie Grove Gallery and the lesliegrovegallerystore.ca, including processing sales .
- Commission of 20% on gallery and e-commerce sales.
- Marketing virtual show, including the Leslie Grove Galley website, Artists’ Network emails, social media platforms and public event listings. Organic promotional posts through the Leslie Grove Gallery and Artists’ Network social media platforms
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
Follow us and comment on our posts!
Like and follow our pages:
Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available:
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account, if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smart phone or ipad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement, as it related to the theme of the show. Refer to Call for Submission above, 350 Characters
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe your work as it relates to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement , if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- One quality image of an artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop image to outer edges of the artwork, or background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Size DxWxH: YOU MUST USE INCHES SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW AND THE WORK IS NO LARGER THAN 24″X24″
- Description of the artwork (optional)
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.