Art can depict both the beauty of our natural environments and the concern for what we are witnessing across the planet. We have all seen the reverence for the land portrayed by artists such as Lauren Harris and Emily Carr. Alternatively, the works of Tiffany Shaw-Collinge and Edward Burtynsky have shown how art can bring attention to the plight caused by human development. This show will be a dynamic mix of artwork that balances the love and respect we hold for our natural world while drawing attention to the devastating changes affecting us due to climate change. In doing so, we can, as artists, add our voices to the call for action now!
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Artists’ Network asks all members and nonmember artists to please send us your strongest original 2D or 3D work with an artist statement that deeply considers your relationship to this theme. Priority will be given to work that specifically answers this call.
DEADLINE: Sunday, March 27, 2022 — 11 pm
Disclaimer: We expect Our World: The Wonder and The Worry to be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and presented online at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca ; however, in the unforeseen event that COVID-19 restrictions require the gallery to close, it will be an exclusively virtual show at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, March 27, 2022 – 11 pm
Acceptance email will be sent on or before March 31
Our World: The Wonder and The Worry runs from April 6 – 24
Opening Reception: Thursday, April 7 at 6 to 8 pm
Drop off artworks: Sunday, April 3, between 5 – 7 pm
Pick up artwork: Sunday, April 24, between 5 – 7 pm
- Artists’ Network Member’s Fee: 2 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total*
- Non-Member’s Fee: 2 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains a 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements; failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Ensure works are completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Affix a label with title, artist, price, size, medium, year to the back of the artwork.
- Secure a D-ring to each side of the work, 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work to the top of the D-ring for the gallery’s hanging system.
- Attach wiring for hanging in client’s home.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3-D work may require you to supply a stand to mount it on.
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
Follow us and comment on our posts!
Like and follow our pages:
Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available:
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smartphone or iPad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement — How your artwork relates to the theme of the show
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe how the works relate to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement, if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Quality image of the artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- Click the ADD INFO button below your uploaded image and input the following:
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES, MEASUREMENTS INCLUDE FRAME SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork (optional)
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
Please, read carefully the Terms and Conditions and Waiver set out by the Artists’ Network. Your digital signature of acceptance will be asked for on the submission form.Contract and Waiver Our World THE Wonder and The Worry