International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year to acknowledge and honour the achievements of women all over the world.
To honour the day, Leslie Grove Gallery is calling on all women members and non-members to submit work to the International Women’s Day 2022 Group Show celebrating the voices and aesthetics of women artists. Open to all who identify as women, working in painting, photography, mixed media, textiles, sculpture, and ceramics.
DEADLINE: Sunday, February 13, 2022 — 11 pm
Disclaimer: We expect the International Women’s Day 2022 Group Show to be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and presented online at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca ; however, in the unforeseen event that COVID-19 restrictions require the gallery to close, it will be an exclusively virtual show at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Joanne Poluch – Guest Juror
Joanne Poluch is the Owner and Operator of Remarque Art Consulting in Guelph, Ontario. Joanne holds an Honours Degree in Art History from the University of Guelph and an Art Marketing Diploma from Sotheby’s Institute in New York. Establishing her business in 2010, she has enjoyed a solid reputation in art consulting ever since. Her business model is multi-faceted and has been based on exceptional customer service, a relaxed and professional relationship with corporate and private clients and assisting artists with all levels of their art practice. Joanne’s deep passion for art and flair for creativity has allowed her to enjoy a thriving business. Joanne is called to be a guest speaker for numerous art groups and events both nationally and internationally. She is also an active and established juror enjoying immensely this facet of her business. Joanne enjoys a very active art coaching/mentorship practice with artists across the country, which has been particularly active since the pandemic! Joanne holds the position of Manager of the Art Sales Rental program at the Art Gallery of Guelph.
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, February 13, 2022 – 11 pm
Acceptance email will be sent on or before February 18
International Women’s Day 2022 Group Show: February 23 – March 13
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 3 at 6 to 8 pm
Online Talk with Joanne Poluch: March 8 at 7 pm
Drop off artworks: Sunday, February 20, between 5 – 7 pm
Pick up artwork: Sunday, March 13, between 5 – 7 pm
- Artists’ Network Member’s Fee: 2 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total*
- Non-Member’s Fee: 2 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains a 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements; failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Ensure works are completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Affix a label with title, artist, price, size, medium, year to the back of the artwork.
- Secure a D-ring to each side of the work, 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work to the top of the D-ring for the gallery’s hanging system.
- Attach wiring for hanging in client’s home.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3-D work may require you to supply a stand to mount it on.
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
Follow us and comment on our posts!
Like and follow our pages:
Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available:
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smartphone or iPad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe how the works relate to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement, if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Quality image of the artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES, MEASUREMENTS INCLUDE FRAME SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork (optional)
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
Please, read carefully the Terms and Conditions and Waiver set out by the Artists’ Network. Your digital signature of acceptance will be asked for on the submission form.Contract and Waiver IWD 2022