Just as Georgia O’Keefe believed that “music could be translated into something for the eye”, and Rene Magritte played on words, many creatives are inspired by a wide array of artistic endeavours. What art forms make your heart sing and feed your soul? Whether it be music, the written word, or movement, the Artists’ Network invites all visual artists, members and nonmembers, to submit their best and most original 2-D or 3-D work that has been influenced by a genre outside of the one in which they create. Show us how the richness of the arts helps to enhance your genius.
Disclaimer: We expect Inspired by the Arts to be hung in the Leslie Grove Gallery and presented online at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca ; however, in the unforeseen event that COVID-19 restrictions are changed, it will be an exclusively virtual show at lesliegrovegallerystore.ca
Deadline for submissions: Sunday, October 31, 2021 – 11:59 pm
Artists Notifications will be sent out on or before: November 4
Inspired by the Arts Exhibition: November 10 to 28
Opening Reception: Thursday, November 11 at 7 to 9 pm
Drop off artwork: Sunday, November 7, between 5 – 7pm
Pick up artwork: Sunday, November 28, between 5 – 7pm
- Artists’ Network Members: 3 artworks $35.00 + HST, $39.55 total*
- Non- Artists’ Network Members: 3 artworks $50.00 + HST, $56.50 total*
*Submission fee is non-refundable.
- The Artists’ Network retains a 20% commission of all work sold in person or through the web store.
FOR SHOWS HUNG IN THE LESLIE GROVE GALLERY, Please click here for detailed hanging requirements; failure to adhere to these practices can result in your work being omitted from the show.
All art must be suitable for installation:
- Ensure works are completely dry, set, cured, fixed, or protected.
- Works on paper and board must be framed and mounted.
- Affix a label with title, artist, price, size, medium, year to the back of the artwork.
- Secure D-ring hanging attachments 1 1/2″ below the top edge of the work to the top of the D-ring and wired.
- Sculpture, glass, or 3-D work may require you to supply a stand to mount it on.
Be in the Know & Get the Most out of Promotion
The Artists’ Network manages a number of social platforms for announcements, and the Leslie Grove Gallery shows will be promoted across multiple handles. We need you to follow, share on the following platforms:
Follow us and comment on our posts!
Like and follow our pages:
Please follow our channel. This is where we will post show OPENINGS & INTERVIEWS when available:
Artists’ Network: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS-19YgudMoEOGy-g2E0Pvg
Please, read the instructions carefully.
- We use the Eventeny platform service for our submissions form. You will have to create an Eventeny account if you haven’t already.
- WARNING NAVIGATION AND DEVICE USE: please do not use Safari or smartphone or iPad when completing your submission form
Information Required on Submission Form:
- Business name
- Artist name
- Website and Social media platform (if applicable)
- Artist’s Statement, as it related to the theme of the show. Refer to Call for Submission above, 350 Characters
- Short Promotional Statement of 1 to 2 sentences to describe your work as it relates to the theme of the show. This is not for jurors, rather a statement, if accepted, to be placed next to your artwork on the Leslie Grove Gallery store and used to promote the show and your work on social platforms.
- Quality image of the artwork. Note we do not accept images of framed artwork, please crop images to the outer edges of the artwork or the background of a 3D work.
- FILE FORMAT ACCEPTED: .jpg, .png, 5Mb maximum, recommend 1400px on smallest side, 72 DPI.
- The image you submit will be used for social promotion and represent you in the online store.
- You will be required to Input fields for each image:
- Size HxWxD: YOU MUST USE INCHES SO THAT YOUR WORK IS COMMUNICATED CLEARLY IN THE GALLERY DURING THE SHOW
- Description of the artwork (optional)
- The submission form can be saved and resumed at another time before the deadline.
If you have any problems with this submission process, email or call the gallery at 416 465-0302.
Terms and Conditions and Waiver
Please, read carefully the Terms and Conditions and Waiver set out by the Artists’ Network. Your digital signature of acceptance will be asked for on the submission form.